Online registration is available through the ACTIVE Network on Active.com
REGISTER BY MAIL
$40 before September 1, 2020
$50 starting September 1, 2020
$20 before September 1, 2020
$30 starting September 1, 2020
Mail the completed form to:
Three Eagle Half Marathon/5K
P.O. Box 297
Three Lakes, WI 54562
Make checks payable to:
Three Eagle Half Marathon/5K
Download the PDF Registration Form
TRAIL & COURSE
▪ Point-to-point course using the gorgeous Three Eagle Trail
▪ Crushed limestone, mainly flat trail run
▪ Mile markers for every mile
▪ Portable toilets along the route
Half Marathon Course
Participants will be shuttled to the Dairy Queen in Eagle River for the start. After 3 miles, the race will utilize Section 9 and Sundstein Roads to get from the North section of the trail to the South trail. Participants will be on the paved road for about 1.5 miles where they will also encounter some small rolling hills. Due to this paved section of road, athletes should not wear spikes. Participants will also cross boardwalks and a bridge. Elevation changes are minor.
Participants will be shuttled to the Petroleum Museum on Wykoski Road, near the start line. The course is flat, straight, and follows the trail.
Within the final mile, participants will exit the trail by turning West on Anderson Street. Athletes will then turn North to follow the Mary Way loop before heading South on Batogowski Drive and finally ending at the Reiter Center in Three Lakes. These are paved roads open to the public. There will be traffic monitors, but please be alert and cautious. A detailed map of the finish is shown below.
Water & Gatorade will be available in cups. The seven aid stations are evenly spaced and shown on the map. For slower participants, aid stations may not be available after three hours. They will appear as follows:
▪ Station 1: approximately 2.75mi
▪ Station 2: at the South Trail entrance, approximately 4.25mi, portable toilets available
▪ Station 3: at the Mud Creek Bridge, approximately 6.25mi
▪ Station 4: at the Cranberry Boardwalk, approximately 7.75mi
▪ Station 5: at the 5K start, approximately 10.25mi, portable toilets available
▪ Station 6: at Rice Lake Road, approximately 11.75mi
(available for both Half Marathon and 5K runners)
▪ Station 7: at the finish line, 13.1mi, portable toilets and food available
Shuttle Services / Parking
Ample parking is available at Don Burnside Park in Three Lakes. Shuttle services will look different this year than in previous years. For the most up-to-date busing information, please check our COVID-19 page.
▪ THERE WILL BE NO LATE REGISTRATION & PACKET PICK UP ON
FRIDAY EVENING THIS YEAR Pre-registration ONLY.
▪ THERE WILL BE NO DAY-OF REGISTRATION & PACKET PICK UP ON
SATURDAY MORNING THIS YEAR Pre-registration ONLY.
(drop bags will NOT be available for runners)
Race Start Schedule:
▪ 8:00am - Wave 1 (Half: 20-29; and 5K: M30-49, F40-49)
▪ 8:20am - Wave 2 (Half: F19U, F50+; and 5K: 20-29, 60+)
▪ 8:40am - Wave 3 (Half: M19U, M50+; and 5K: 13-19, 50-59)
▪ 9:00am - Wave 4 (Half: F40-49; and 5K: 12U, F30-39)
▪ 9:20am - Wave 5 (Half: M30-49)
▪ 9:40am - Wave 6 (Half: F30-39)
▪ 7:15am - Wave 1
▪ 7:45am - Wave 2
▪ 8:05am - Wave 3
▪ 8:25am - Wave 4
▪ 8:45am - Wave 5
▪ 9:05am - Wave 6 (if needed)
*There will be two buses for each time slot, a half marathon bus and a 5K bus. The bus for half marathon participants will be parked in front. Correspondingly, the second bus will be for 5K participants only. The 5K bus will leave 5 minutes after the departure time listed for the half marathon bus. For example, the 5K bus for wave 3 does not leave until 8:10am.
AWARDS & RESULTS
▪ Female Half Marathon: Jori Galles, Marshfield, WI - 1:23:52.8 (2020)
▪ Male Half Marathon: Tim Thornburg, Stevens Point, WI - 1:11:20.9 (2018)
▪ Female 5K: Melissa Burkart, Hudson, WI - 17:57.3 (2017)
▪ Male 5K: Jared Zwettler, Sugar Camp, WI - 16:32.4 (2018)
Half Marathon runners will receive custom finisher's award medal.
The Three Eagle Half Marathon & 5K races are chip-timed with awards for:
▪ Top overall male and female finishers of the 5K and Half Marathon
▪ Age-group awards will be given by segmented increments as follows
▪ 12 & Under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+
The Three Eagle Half Marathon/5K would not survive without the many volunteers that put in countless hours to make this outstanding event happen. If you, your organization, or someone you know is interested in volunteering, please contact us using the information below.
We need volunteers for:
▪ Race Preparation (preparing packets, drop bags, etc.)
▪ Trail Preparation (setting up mile markers, cones, etc.)
▪ Parking Monitors
▪ Crossing Guards
▪ Traffic Monitors
▪ Post-Race Food & Water Distribution
volunteer coordinator blaine welch: